FINISHED SIZE: 16” WIDTH X 17” HEIGHT X 6 1/2” DEPTH (APPROX.)
The Mya Tote Bag is a simple tote with a unique exterior piece. You can make this bag with leather, suede or cotton and still end up with a great result. Due to its convenient size and proportions, this tote can be used for travel, trips to the market, books, laptops and essentials! The bag is exceptionally a great project for art lovers; with the large exterior pocket and long figure can help carry your art supplies. Moreover, this bag ranges from beginner to intermediate sewing levels. Start the Mya Bag today! Designer’s Review
» PDF file Includes:
What you need
Describes each step detailed with pictures
Computer drawn accurate actual size patterns
Letter/A4 paper, both available.
Make the leather strap
Attach the double capped rivet
44” wide heavyweight home decorator, quilting weight cotton and cotton canvas fabric
(1/2) Yard for exterior fabric
(1/2) Yard for lining
44” wide leather, artificial leather
(1/4) Yard for straps
INTERFACING (Interfacing is not required for the leather bag)
(1/2) Yard for of 44” wide light weight fusible interfacing (optional)
(1) 10” All-purpose zipper for lining zipper pocket
(1) 18mm Magnetic snap
(8) Sets of 13 mm double cap rivet for leather bag
Non toxic fabric (leather)glue
(1) Spool of coordinating thread
* There are two options in cutting the interfacing, with or without the seam allowance. Cutting the interfacing without any seam allowance will give it a better overall shape; if you would like to do this, use the original pattern (gray dotted line) to cut out the interfacing.
Ruler, Scissors, Chalk pencil, Pencil, Sewing machine, Pins, Needle, Shape tool, 13mm Double cap rapid rivets setting tools, Hammer
* All units are inches.
* Seam allowance 3/8” unless otherwise specified.
** After printing the pattern and taping the pieces together, please follow the reference the provided size guide (3" or 5").
** Patterns marked as A4 are for users who utilize the A4 standard paper size.