Let's make the Elastic Pocket!
1. Double fold and pin the top seam (1 1/4”) of the lining pocket piece on the wrong side of the fabric. Sew the elastic line close to the edge, backstitching on both ends.
2. Attach a safety pin to one end of the elastic band.
3. Insert the elastic band into one open end of the elastic line. Push and pull the safety pin until it comes out of the other end of the opening.
4. To make the bottom frill, running stitch two lines along the bottom edge of the lining pocket piece.
5. Place the pocket piece on the lining piece. The lining piece’s right side will meet the pocket’s wrong side. Pin along the bottom edge, making sure to pin at each end. Pull one end of the running stitch thread. Pull the other end of the running stitch thread to match the bottom of the lining back piece. Pin and sew the two together. Backstitch on both ends, and cut the excess elastic.
6. Sew the pocket’s divider lines as your desired length.