The Vesta Camera Strap is a simple project to personalize your camera. Use your favorite fabric and embroider your name to decorate it! This not only is a great way to personalize your own camera but also a great gift for anyone interested in photography. Learn how to professionally design your own unique camera strap. A simple yet fun project for the photographers and sewers! Don’t hesitate and start the Vesta Camera Strap now!
FINISHED SIZE: 1 1/2" width x 29" height (without webbing adjustable strap)
44” wide heavyweight home decorator or quilting
(1/4) Yard for exterior fabric
(1/4) Yard of 44” wide heavy weight fusible interfacing
(2) 10mm width plastic strap holder
(2) 10mm width plastic tri-glide slider
(1) Yard of 10mm width webbing
(1) Spool of coordinating thread
(1) Non-toxic fabric glue
Ruler, Scissors, Chalk pencil, Pencil, Sewing machine, Pins, Needle, Shape tool, Safety pin, rotary cutter
* All units are in inches.
(1) 6" X 27" Strap Piece
(1) 3" X 27" Interfacing for Strap Piece
(4) Leather Holder Pieces
(2)15" Length, 10mm Webbing Strap Pieces
1) Fold each side of the handle in half towards the center with wrong sides facing each other.
2) Fold the strap in half lengthwise. Topstitch around the strap 1/8” from the edge. Make the other handle in the same manner.
3) Place the strap onto the wrong side of the leather holder matching center, overlap 1” of the strap and leather piece. Secure the strap on the leather piece using fabric glue.
4) On the wrong side of the leather holder, slightly apply fabric glue. Match the other leather holder with the wrong sides together. When applying glue, do not apply glue on the webbing attaching area as indicated on the pattern.
5) Topstitch the top of the assembled leather holder 1/8” away from the edge. Leave a 3/8” on both ends. Backstitch to secure.
6) Top stitch the sides of the leather holder 3/8” away from the edge. Leave a 1/2” from the bottom, backstitching on both ends.
7) Draw the cutting line using template piece. Cut out both side of the leather holder 1/8” away from the edge using rotary cutter or scissors.
8) Insert a 10mm wide webbing strap into the opening of the leather holder until the length of the strap is 1 1/4” overlapped with leather holder.
9) Pin the holder and strap. Topstitch around the holder 1/8” from the edge, backstitching on both ends.
10) Topstitch 1/4” X 3/4” a box at the webbing strap side of the leather holder as indicated on the template.
11) Topstitch a box shape with a cross in it at the fabric strap side as indicated on the template.
12) Final stitch line.
1) Thread a webbing strap through the middle bar of a plastic slider.
2) Thread the webbing strap through the plastic strap holder.
3) Loop the webbing strap through the D-ring at the camera from the out to inward of the camera.
4) Run the strap through the bottom of the middle bar of the adjuster.
5) Secure the strap.